IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir David Wilkie, 1785–1841, British, Kitchen Scene: Dunkerrin, September 1835, 1835
Kitchen Scene: Dunkerrin, September 1835
- Additional Title(s):
Kitchen Scene: Woman Seated by Table Holding Baby, with Other Figures of Children
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 x 10 5/8 inches (20.6 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Dunkerrin September 1835"
Collector's mark: Thomas Esmond Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bowls (vessels) | broom | cups | genre subject | hutch | interior | jugs | kitchen | peasants | plates | rural | table | women
- Associated Places:
- Dunkerrin | Europe | Ireland | Leinster | Offaly
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.