IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Allan Ramsay, 1713–1784, British, Man Standing Holding a Staff in His Left Hand, Full Length, undated
Man Standing Holding a Staff in His Left Hand, Full Length
- Black chalk on medium, moderately textured, blue laid paper
- Sheet: 17 3/4 x 12 inches (45.1 x 30.5 cm)
T.E.Lowinsky Collector's Mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- breeches (trousers) | coats | cuff links | figure study | men | shoes (footwear) | sleeve ruffs | staffs (walking sticks) | standing | stockings | wigs
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Anglo-American Artist in Italy 1750-1820 (University Art Museum, Santa Barbara, 1982-04-07 - 1982-05-09) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
English Portrait Drawings & Miniatures (Yale Center for British Art, 1979-12-05 - 1980-02-17) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.