Classical Scene: Minerva as the Goddess of Arts and Sciences
- Gray wash with black and red chalk and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped to image): 15 3/16 x 11 1/8 inches (38.5 x 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Sr Jao Thronill"; in graphite verso, lower left: "[...] 6 [...]0. 48";
unidentified collector's stamp, in black ink, within image, lower left, in semicircle: "TB"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | armor | arts | books | caliper | chair | cloak | columns | drapery | globes | goddess | helmet | lutes | mythology | oval | paintbrushes | painting (visual work) | palette | pillars | plume | putti | quills | religious and mythological subject | ruler | sciences | scroll (information artifact) | spear | temple | trees | viola
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Classical Scene: Minerva as the Goddess of Arts and Sciences, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.