IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, nineteenth century, View of London from Richmond House, Whitehall, undated
View of London from Richmond House, Whitehall
- Pen and black ink, gray ink, gray wash and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 11/16 × 18 1/8 inches (27.1 × 46 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "Duke of Richmond Garden"; inscribed in pen with black ink, verso, center: "View of London from Richmond House - Whitehall - | Canaletto did an oil painting also from this point - | T.E.Lowinsky - "; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "4"
Watermark: "I VILLEDARY"; T.E.Lowinsky collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | cityscape | garden | house | landscape | railing | river | riverfront | sailboats | villa
- Associated Places:
- England | London | Thames | United Kingdom | Whitehall
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.