- Mahore, a Fortress Belonging to Nizam Alley (1 of 6)
- ca. 1792
- Watercolor on thin, moderately textured, cream laid paper laid down on card
- Sheet: 17 1/4 x 26 inches (43.8 x 66 cm)
Inscription in graphite, verso, upper right: "67/3/31/3 Original Drawing | Mahore, Fortress [...] | Belonging to Nizam | Ally"; lower left: "7422 F Mellon | 188.8.131.52. 2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animals | architectural subject | buildings | fortress | hunting | landscape | men | plain | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Anburey, 1759–1840, British, Mahore, a Fortress Belonging to Nizam Alley (1 of 6), ca. 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.