A View on the Brathay near Ambleside
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, graphite and pen and black ink on thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 × 10 1/8 inches (17.8 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in brown ink, upper center: "View on the Brathay | near Ambleside | Copley Fielding."; inscribed in graphite, upper left: "261"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "1/2 | 2 3/4 | 18.3 gold. | 96 (crossed out) | 92[6 or b?]."; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "BARRET, G: A VIEW... | 67/4/5/10"
Signed on verso in black ink, upper right: "Copley Fielding"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | landscape | light | mountains | river
- Associated Places:
- Ambleside | Cumbria | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Anthony Vandyke Copley Fielding, 1787–1855, British, A View on the Brathay near Ambleside, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.