An Eastern Encampment
- watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, mounted on very thick, smooth, cream, wove paper
- 5 7/8 x 13 1/4 inches (14.9 x 33.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "W J Muller"; Verso: [back of mount] inscribed in pen with black ink, center: "W.J. Muller | 1812-1845 | An Eastern Encampment | He was in Greece & Egypt, 1838; Lycia, 1843-4. | Bought by me from Ceci, Turnbrige Wells, Oct. 1945 | Martin Hardie."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | cows | genre subject | military encampments | tents
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William James Muller, 1812–1845, British, An Eastern Encampment, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.