An Eastern Encampment
- watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, mounted on very thick, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 x 13 1/4 inches (14.9 x 33.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "W J Muller"; Verso: [back of mount] inscribed in pen with black ink, center: "W.J. Muller | 1812-1845 | An Eastern Encampment | He was in Greece & Egypt, 1838; Lycia, 1843-4. | Bought by me from Ceci, Turnbrige Wells, Oct. 1945 | Martin Hardie."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | cows | genre subject | military encampments | tents
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William James Muller, 1812–1845, British, An Eastern Encampment, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.