A Page from a Cornish Sketchbook: Cornwall 32
- Graphite on medium, smooth, white wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/4 x 7 inches (10.8 x 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite, upper right: "Cornwall 32"; in artist's hand in black chalk, center left: "B | A | C"; in artist's hand in graphite, lower left: "A an immense | green precipice | most golden thing in picture"; in artist's hand in black chalk, lower center: "close"; in artist's hand in black chalk, lower right: "Falling from B to C | would roll over edge of cliff"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | beach | coast | landscape | pages | sea | sketchbook
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), A Page from a Cornish Sketchbook: Cornwall 32, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.