The Spanish Pointer
- ca. 1799
- Watercolor, with pen in gray ink, black ink, brown ink, and graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 9/16 × 21 inches (39.5 × 53.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Buckler, J. | Span. Pointer | 64/9/9/8"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower center: "J. Buckler 1799"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | dog (animal) | figure study | foliage | landscape | Spanish pointers | trees | vegetation
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, The Spanish Pointer, ca. 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.