The Royal Citadel and Cattewater, Plymouth
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 x 14 5/16 inches (25.1 x 36.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Citadel & Catwater- | Plymouth"; in graphite, lower left: "W. Callow."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | boats | citadel | cliffs | flag | fort | harbour | landscape | people | river | sails | water
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | Plym | Plymouth | Plymouth Sound | Tamar | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, The Royal Citadel and Cattewater, Plymouth, 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.