Sketch of Amphitheatre at El Djem showing elevation and section of arches and tiers of seats with descriptive notes
- Graphite, pen and black ink, red pencil on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 × 7 1/4 inches (28.6 × 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center, description given; in pen and black ink, lower center, elevation labeled; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Amph: El Djem"; in pen and red ink, lower left: "60"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Sketch of Amphitheatre at El Djem showing elevation and section of arches and tiers of seats with descriptive notes, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.