Plan of three quarters of the amphitheatre at El Djem with descriptive notes
- Graphite, pen and black ink, red pencil on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/4 × 21 1/2 inches (38.7 × 54.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Amph: of El Djem"; in graphite and pen and black ink, throughout, plan labeled and numbered; in pen and red ink, lower right: "67"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "No 9"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Plan of three quarters of the amphitheatre at El Djem with descriptive notes, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.