Plan of one quarter of the Amphitheatre at El Djem showing outer corridors
- Graphite, pen and black ink, red pencil on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/2 × 21 1/2 inches (39.4 × 54.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Amph: of El Djem"; in graphite, upper right, labeled in Italian; in pen and red ink, upper left: "58"; in graphite, center: "Corridore"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "No 11"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Plan of one quarter of the Amphitheatre at El Djem showing outer corridors, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.