Sketch of Elevation of Amphitheatre at El Djem showing archways
- Graphite, pen and black ink, red pencil on thin, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 13 inches (22.5 × 33 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center, labeled in Italian; in graphite, lower center: "Basso", "AA", "Basso", "Basso"; in graphite, upper left, calculations; in pen and red ink, upper left: "68"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper center, labeled in Italian; in graphite, upper right: "No 30"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Sketch of Elevation of Amphitheatre at El Djem showing archways, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.