IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Lady Salesbury, active 1791, British, The Misses Van and Lady Salisbury, 1791
The Misses Van and Lady Salisbury
- Additional Title(s):
The Misses Van
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 8 1/4 inches (16.5 x 21 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "The Mrs Van 1791. Lady Salisbury"; in graphite, verso, lower center: "the Mises Van's 1791 [...] Lady Salisbury"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | hats | portrait | trees
- Associated People:
- Cecil, Mary Amelia [Emily Mary], marchioness of Salisbury (1750–1835), political hostess and sportswoman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Pleasures and Pastimes (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-21 - 1990-04-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Joanne Major, An Unconventional Marchioness, The Life of Lady Salisbury, https://georgianera.wordpress.com/2018/03/27/an-unconventional-marchioness-the-life-of-lady-salisbury/ , All Things Georgian, March 27, 2018, Available Online
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.