View of New Street, near London Bridge
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted on thick, slightly textured, cream card
- 7 1/4 x 10 1/2 inches (18.4 x 26.6 cm) and 7 1/4 x 10 1/2 inches (18.4 x 26.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "W 4128"; on back, upper center: "Sold Spector"; on back, center: "New St London Bridge"; in black ink, on back, lower left: "D6-602"
unidentified collector's stamp, in black ink, on back, lower left: eagle with olive branch and arrows
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | architectural subject | buildings | cart | chimneys | cityscape | columns | figures | horse (animal) | men | monument | peasants | wagon | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- City of London | England | Greater London | London | London Bridge | Monument to the Great Fire of London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Varley, 1778–1842, British, View of New Street, near London Bridge, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.