IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, No. 8 Sketch of Temple remains at Baalbec or Palmyra, undated
No. 8 Sketch of Temple remains at Baalbec or Palmyra
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 5/8 × 31 1/8 inches (54.9 × 79.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "No 9"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.