Benjamin West, 1738–1820, American, active in Britain (from 1763), The Connoisseur, undated
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Rough Sketch of a Horse and Rider
- Black chalk and graphite on thick, rough, cream laid paper
- 14 3/4 × 19 inches (37.5 × 48.3 cm)
Verso: Inscribed in graphite, upper left: " B[?] 2547 | Ti/-/- | 145 | 2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bottle | cane | child | coat | connoisseur | dog (animal) | drawing | genre subject | men | spectacles
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.