- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Rough Sketch of a Horse and Rider
- Black chalk and graphite on thick, rough, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 × 19 inches (37.5 × 48.3 cm)
Verso: Inscribed in graphite, upper left: " B[?] 2547 | Ti/-/- | 145 | 2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bottle | cane | child | coat | connoisseur | dog (animal) | drawing | genre subject | men | spectacles
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Benjamin West, 1738–1820, American, active in Britain (from 1763), The Connoisseur, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.