IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Temple at Thignica Modern, Ain Tunga now totally Destroyed, undated
Temple at Thignica Modern, Ain Tunga now totally Destroyed
- Graphite, pen and black ink, red pencil on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/8 × 21 1/8 inches (39.1 × 53.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and red ink, upper left: "74"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Temple at Thignica Modern | Ain Tunga - now totally | destroyed"; in graphite, lower center: "Thignica - Kings Cole"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "No 2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.