"Arch of Marcus Aurelius at Tripoli "
- Additional Title(s):
The Arch at Tripoli
- ca. 1766
- Pen and black ink, gray wash, graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured,cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 1/4 × 25 3/4 inches (48.9 × 65.4 cm)
Inscribed in red pencil, upper left: "30"; in graphite, upper center: "No 26"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper left: "Arch at Tripoli | James Bruce | del."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Pearls to pyramids : British visual culture and the Levant, 1600-1830 [wall labels], Yale Center for British Art, 2008, p. 40, V 2576 (YCBA)
Pearls to pyramids : British visual culture and the Levant, 1600-1830, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 2008, p. 16, V1880