- Salvia nilotica Juss.ex Jacq. (Nile Sage): finished drawing of a flowering shoot and root
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 15/16 × 12 1/16 inches (40.5 × 30.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Sauge du Nil | No 5"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Paul Hulton, Luigi Balugani's drawings of African plants, From the collection made by James Bruce of Kinnaird on his travels to discover the source of the Nile 1767-1773 , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1991, p. 84, pl. 16, QK98.183 B2 H85 1991 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Luigi Balugani, 1737–1770, Italian, Salvia nilotica Juss.ex Jacq. (Nile Sage): finished drawing of a flowering shoot and root, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.