- Avicennia marina (Forssk.) Vierh. (White Mangrove): finished drawing of flowering shoot with details of flowers
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 × 9 5/8 inches (30.8 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and ink, upper left: "Rack No 17"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
James Bruce, Travels to discover the source of the Nile, in the years 1768, 1769, 1770, 1771, 1772, and 1773 , Edinburgh, 1790, p. 44-46 (vol.5), DT377 B88 1790+ Oversize (YCBA Rare Books)
Paul Hulton, Luigi Balugani's drawings of African plants, From the collection made by James Bruce of Kinnaird on his travels to discover the source of the Nile 1767-1773 , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1991, p. 74, pl. 76, QK98.183 B2 H85 1991 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Luigi Balugani, 1737–1770, Italian, Avicennia marina (Forssk.) Vierh. (White Mangrove): finished drawing of flowering shoot with details of flowers, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.