XXIV Lybian Mausoleum at Dougga
- Pen and black ink, graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/8 × 21 1/2 inches (39.1 × 54.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "XXIV Lybian mausoleum | at Dougga"; in pen and red ink, upper left: "84"; in pen and black ink, upper right: "View of a Sepulchre at Dugga"; in graphite, upper right: "[?]Deduta di un Sepolero a Thuggga"; in graphite, lower right: "x here is a bilingual inscription | [...]"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given; in pen and red ink, lower right: "B"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, XXIV Lybian Mausoleum at Dougga, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.