Tomb de la Chretienne/ Juba and Cleopatra
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Section and Plan of Tomb de la Chretienne/ Juba and Cleopatra
- ca. 1769
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, black ink, gouache, gray wash and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- 15 3/8 × 21 3/8 inches (39.1 × 54.3 cm) and 12 × 16 3/16 inches (30.5 × 41.1 cm)
inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Plate I. Tomb. de la Chretienne"; inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "[Jubae?] & Celopatra."?; inscribed in red chalk, upper left: "50"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Tomb de la Chretienne/ Juba and Cleopatra, ca. 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.