Tomb de la Chretienne/ Juba and Cleopatra
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Section and Plan of Tomb de la Chretienne/ Juba and Cleopatra
- ca. 1769
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, black ink, gouache, gray wash and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/8 × 21 3/8 inches (39.1 × 54.3 cm) and Image: 12 × 16 3/16 inches (30.5 × 41.1 cm)
inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Plate I. Tomb. de la Chretienne"; inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "[Jubae?] & Celopatra."?; inscribed in red chalk, upper left: "50"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Tomb de la Chretienne/ Juba and Cleopatra, ca. 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.