- Sterculia africana (Lour.) Fiori: finished drawing of stem with seed pods, some open showing seeds
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 × 12 inches (40.6 × 30.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper left: 'No14-"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Anguah"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Paul Hulton, Luigi Balugani's drawings of African plants, From the collection made by James Bruce of Kinnaird on his travels to discover the source of the Nile 1767-1773 , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1991, p. 104, pl. 263, QK98.183 B2 H85 1991 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Sterculia africana (Lour.) Fiori: finished drawing of stem with seed pods, some open showing seeds, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.