IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Tomb of Juba II near Algiers, undated
Tomb of Juba II near Algiers
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: title page IVLIA CAESAREA
- Graphite, pen and black ink, red pencil, gray wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 × 30 1/2 inches (54 × 77.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, right, dimensoins given; in pen and red ink, upper right: "3"; in pen and black ink, upper center: "Tomb of Juba II R.L.P."; in red pencil, lower enter: "57"; in graphite, upper left: "No 38"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "No 42"; in pen and black ink, center right (upper case): "Julia Caesarea"; in red pencil, lower center: "49"; in pen and black ink, upper right: "5"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.