Title Page: "REMAINS OF ANCIENT ARCHITECTURE IN AFRICA"
- Graphite and pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured,cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 × 18 3/4 inches (34.3 × 47.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, throughout (uppercase): "Remains | of | Ancient Architecture in Africa | Collected in Several Journeys Through Africa | Proper Numidia Gaetulia and the two | Mavritaniae Sitifensis and Caesariensis"; in graphite, upper right: "(No. 2)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Title Page: "REMAINS OF ANCIENT ARCHITECTURE IN AFRICA", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.