Obelisk at Axum Erected As Is Supposed by Ptolemy Evergetes
- Pen and brown ink and gray wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (30.8 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "OBELISK AT AXUM Erected as is Supposd by PTOLEMY EVERGETES"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "Obelisk at Axum"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | obelisk
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Obelisk at Axum Erected As Is Supposed by Ptolemy Evergetes, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.