Study of a Seated Woman
- Pen and black ink with graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 7 3/4 inches (26.7 × 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "16"; on verso in graphite, lower center: "7-135 Sir Joshua Reynolds- [...] 1935 | From a book of 50 Reynolds drawings- Owned by Reynolds grand niece [...] at | [...]"
Collector's mark: "D.F.P."; watermark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | seated | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Joshua Reynolds RA, 1723–1792, British, Study of a Seated Woman, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.