IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir Joshua Reynolds RA, 1723–1792, British, Study of a Seated Woman, undated
Study of a Seated Woman
- Pen and black ink with graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 7 3/4 inches (26.7 × 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "16"; on verso in graphite, lower center: "7-135 Sir Joshua Reynolds- [...] 1935 | From a book of 50 Reynolds drawings- Owned by Reynolds grand niece [...] at | [...]"
Collector's mark: "D.F.P."; watermark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | seated | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.