- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 1st published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 10 inches (20.3 × 25.4 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 inches (15.2 × 20.3 cm), and Image: 4 3/8 × 6 1/4 inches (11.1 × 15.9 cm)
Collector's mark: "WGR", blind embossed
Lettered, lower left: "Plate 67, Engraved by Storer from an Original Drawing by W: Turner."; lettered, lower right: "Publish'd Novr. 1st.,1794 by Harrison & Co. No.,48, Paternoster Row, London."; lettered, lower center: "CHEPSTOW."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | cart | castle | chimney | city | cliff | clouds | distant view | hill | horse | landscape | man | river | riverbank | rock | rowboat | ruins | sailboat | smoke | wagon | water
- Associated Places:
- Chepstow | Chepstow Bridge | Chepstow Castle | Monmouthshire | United Kingdom | Wales | Wye
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James S. Storer, 1771–1853, British, Chepstow, 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.