- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 1st published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 9 7/8 inches (20.3 × 25.1 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 × 8 inches (14.9 × 20.3 cm), Image: 4 1/4 × 6 5/8 inches (10.8 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "5"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "Plate 90 Engraved by J. Widnell from an Original Drawing by W. Turner."; lettered, lower right: "Published Octr. 1st. 1795, by J. Walker No.16. Rosomans Street, London."; lettered, lower center: "MATLOCK."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | bridge | hill | horse (animal) | landscape | man | path | reflection | riding | river | riverbank | rock | tree | village | water | woman
- Associated Places:
- Derbyshire | Derwent | England | Matlock | Matlock Bridge | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.