- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 1st published state on medium, textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 10 inches (20.3 × 25.4 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 inches (15.2 × 20.3 cm), and Image: 4 1/4 × 6 5/8 inches (10.8 × 16.8 cm)
Collector's mark: "WGR"
Lettered, lower left: "Plate 90 Engraved by J. Widnell from an Original Drawing by W. Turner."; lettered, lower right: "Published Octr. 1st. 1795, by J. Walker No.16. Rosomans Street, London."; lettered, lower center: "MATLOCK."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | bridge | hill | horse | landscape | man | path | reflection | riding | river | riverbank | rock | tree | village | water | woman
- Associated Places:
- Derbyshire | Derwent | England | Matlock | Matlock Bridge | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.