- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 1st published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 8 × 9 7/8 inches (20.3 × 25.1 cm), 5 7/8 × 8 inches (14.9 × 20.3 cm), and 4 7/8 × 6 3/4 inches (12.4 × 17.1 cm)
Collector's mark: "WGR"
Lettered, lower left: "Plate 95. Engraved by J. Walker from an Original Drawing by W: Turner."; lettered, lower right: "Publish'd Jany. 1st, 1796, by J. Walker No.16, Rosomans Street, London."; lettered, lower center: "CHESTER."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | brick | bricklaying | bridge | castle | cathedral | city | cityscape | construction | distant view | hill | man | river | tree | wheelbarrow | woman
- Associated Places:
- Cheshire | Chester | Chester Castle | Dee | England | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.