- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 1st published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 10 inches (20.3 × 25.4 cm), Plate: 5 3/4 × 7 3/4 inches (14.6 × 19.7 cm), and Image: 4 3/8 × 6 1/2 inches (11.1 × 16.5 cm)
Collector's mark, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, upper right: "Vol:IV.Pl:151."; lettered, lower left: "Engraved by J.Walker from an Original Drawing by Wm.Turner."; lettered, lower right: "Publish'd Augt.1st;1798 by J.Walker No.16 Rosomans Street, London."; Lettered, lower center: "SHEFFIELD."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cathedral | city | clouds | cottage | distant view | fence | hill | horse | landscape | man | path | riding | spire | steeple | town | tree
- Associated Places:
- England | Sheffield | Sheffield | Sheffield Cathedral | United Kingdom | Yorkshire
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.