- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 1st published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 10 inches (20.3 × 25.4 cm), Plate: 5 3/4 × 7 3/4 inches (14.6 × 19.7 cm), and Image: 4 3/8 × 6 1/2 inches (11.1 × 16.5 cm)
Collector's mark, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, upper right: "Vol:IV.Pl:151."; lettered, lower left: "Engraved by J.Walker from an Original Drawing by Wm.Turner."; lettered, lower right: "Publish'd Augt.1st;1798 by J.Walker No.16 Rosomans Street, London."; Lettered, lower center: "SHEFFIELD."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cathedral | city | clouds | cottage | distant view | fence | hill | horse | landscape | man | path | riding | spire | steeple | town | tree
- Associated Places:
- England | Sheffield | Sheffield | Sheffield Cathedral | United Kingdom | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.