- Part Of:
- Line engraving, proof on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 × 8 1/4 inches (17.1 × 21 cm), Plate: 5 3/4 × 7 7/8 inches (14.6 × 20 cm), and Image: 5 × 7 1/2 inches (12.7 × 19.1 cm)
Inscription on verso, in graphite, lower left: illegible
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by Wm. Turner A.R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by B.Howlett, 1801."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | baby | basket | breastfeeding | cart | church | cityscape | clerestory | Gothic | Gothic | Gothic | Gothic (Medieval) | horse | man | marketplace | meat | Medieval | pitcher | shopping | sitting | spire | squares (open spaces) | stall | steeple | table | wheelbarrow | woman | yoke
- Associated Places:
- England | Lincolnshire | Sleaford | St Denys' Church, Sleaford | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bartholomew Howlett, 1767–1827, British, Sleaford Church, 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.