- Shanklin Castle
- Line engraving Bohn reprint on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 22 inches (37.8 × 55.9 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 3/4 inches (21 × 29.8 cm), and Image: 5 3/8 × 8 inches (13.7 × 20.3 cm)
Lettered below image: "J.M.W. Turner | Shanklin Castle | J. Landseer"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anchor | barrel | beach | boat | cliff | clouds | cottage | hill | house | landscape | man | phragmite | rope | sailboat | sand | sea | shoreline | stairs | woman
- Associated Places:
- Colwell Bay | England | English Channel | Isle of Wight | United Kingdom | Yarmouth
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Landseer, 1769–1852, British, Shanklin Castle, 1799-1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.