Inside View of the East End of Merton College Chapel
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, published state on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 19 7/8 inches (37.8 × 50.5 cm), Plate: 13 3/4 × 18 1/2 inches (34.9 × 47 cm), and Image: 12 5/8 × 17 1/2 inches (32.1 × 44.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1802"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by Wm.Turner A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by James Basire."; lettered, lower center: "INSIDE VIEW of the EAST end of MERTON COLLEGE CHAPEL."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | box pew | candle | candleholder | candlestick | chapel | college | man | pew | sculpture | stained glass | steps | tile | university | window
- Associated Places:
- England | Merton College | Oxford | Oxfordshire | United Kingdom | University of Oxford
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire, 1769–1822, British, Inside View of the East End of Merton College Chapel, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.