View of Exeter College, All Saints Church, from the Turl
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, published state on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 18 1/8 inches (35.6 × 46 cm) and Image: 12 3/4 × 17 5/8 inches (32.4 × 44.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1806"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner, R.A. del."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by James Basire."; letteed, lower center: "VIEW of EXETER COLLEGE, ALL SAINTS CHURCH &c. from the TURL."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- builder | church | city | cityscape | college | horse | horseback riding | laborer | man | Medieval | pickaxe | spire | street | university
- Associated Places:
- England | Exeter College | Jesus College | Lincoln College | Oxford | Oxfordshire | Turl Street | United Kingdom | University of Oxford
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire, 1769–1822, British, View of Exeter College, All Saints Church, from the Turl, 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.