View of the Cathedral of Christ Church and Part of Corpus Christi College
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, published state on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/8 × 18 1/4 inches (35.9 × 46.4 cm), Plate: 13 5/8 × 17 7/8 inches (34.6 × 45.4 cm), and Image: 12 5/8 × 17 5/8 inches (32.1 × 44.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1811"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W.Turner, R.A.--P.P.delt."; lettered, lower right: "James Basire, sculpt."; lettered, lower center: "View of the Cathedrawl of CHRIST CHURCH, and Part of CORPUS CHRISTI College."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bench | cathedral | cityscape | clouds | college | courtyard | flower (plant) | flower pot | gardener | plant | pot | spire | tower | tree | university | wheelbarrow | window
- Associated Places:
- Christ Church Cathedral | Christ Church College | Corpus Christi College | England | Oxford | Oxfordshire | Tom Tower | United Kingdom | University of Oxford
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire the younger, 1769–1822, British, View of the Cathedral of Christ Church and Part of Corpus Christi College, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.