- Winchester Cross
- Line engraving Engraver's proof on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 5/8 × 10 1/2 inches (37.1 × 26.7 cm), Plate: 10 3/4 × 8 1/4 inches (27.3 × 21 cm), and Image: 8 1/4 × 6 1/2 inches (21 × 16.5 cm)
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered below image: "W. Turner del't. | Published March 8, 1800 | J. Powell sculp't"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basket | butter cross | cityscape | clouds | genre subject | girl | grocery store | laborer | man | market cross | marketplace | monument | plaza | shop | shopping | shovel | sitting | steps | tower | wheelbarrow | window | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Hampshire | The Buttercross | United Kingdom | Winchester
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Joseph Powell, 1780–1834, British, Winchester Cross, 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.