IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Joseph Powell, 1780–1834, British, Winchester Cross, 1800
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 5/8 × 10 1/2 inches (37.1 × 26.7 cm), Plate: 10 3/4 × 8 1/4 inches (27.3 × 21 cm), Image: 8 1/4 × 6 1/2 inches (21 × 16.5 cm)
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "W.Turner delt."; lettered, lower right: "J.Powell sculpt."; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd March 8,1800"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basket | butter cross | cityscape | clouds | genre subject | girl | grocery store | laborer | man | market cross | marketplace | monument | plaza | shop | shopping | shovel | sitting | steps | tower | wheelbarrow | window | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Hampshire | The Buttercross | United Kingdom | Winchester
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.