- Line engraving, published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 × 10 3/4 inches (37.5 × 27.3 cm), Plate: 10 3/4 × 8 1/4 inches (27.3 × 21 cm), and Image: 8 1/4 × 6 1/2 inches (21 × 16.5 cm)
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "W.Turner A. delt."; lettered, lower right: "J.Powell sculpt."; lettered, lower center: "Wincheser Cross. | London, Published July 30,1800, by Wm Alexander, No.2 Newman Street, & J.Powell, No.6 Old Cavendish Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basket | building | butter cross | cityscape | clouds | genre subject | girl | grocery store | infant | laborer | man | marketplace | monument | plaza | shop | shopping | shovel | sitting | steps | tower | wheelbarrow | window | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Hampshire | The Buttercross | United Kingdom | Winchester
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Joseph Powell, 1780–1834, British, Winchester Cross, 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.