St. Michael's Mount, Cornwall
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textuerec, cream, wove paper, with chine collé
- Sheet: 10 3/16 × 12 15/16 inches (25.9 × 32.9 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 × 11 7/8 inches (22.7 × 30.2 cm), Chine collé: 8 7/8 × 11 13/16 inches (22.5 × 30 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 × 8 3/4 inches (14.9 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.88 Completed E.P."
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, ower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A. | St. Michael's Mount Cornwall"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.B. Cooke, 1813"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | castle | channel (water body component) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | England | English Channel | Europe | Mount's Bay | Saint Michael's Mount
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, St. Michael's Mount, Cornwall, 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.