IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, St. Michael's Mount, Cornwall, 1813
St. Michael's Mount, Cornwall
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Cooke's Picturesque Views of the Southern Coast of England
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 10 3/16 × 12 15/16 inches (25.9 × 32.9 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 × 11 7/8 inches (22.7 × 30.2 cm), Chine collé: 8 7/8 × 11 13/16 inches (22.5 × 30 cm), Image: 5 7/8 × 8 3/4 inches (14.9 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.88 Completed E.P."
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, ower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A. | St. Michael's Mount Cornwall"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.B. Cooke, 1813"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bay (body of water) | castle | channel (water body component) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | England | English Channel | Europe | Mount's Bay | Saint Michael's Mount
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.