- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving, 1st state on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 16 11/16 inches (29.8 × 42.4 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 × 11 7/8 inches (22.7 × 30.2 cm), and Image: 5 15/16 × 8 11/16 inches (15.1 × 22.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.89"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.89 Etching. 1st state. | (Blank patch on distant hills on right.); inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Earlier man [...] other | E[...]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "A.W."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner. R.A. | Poole Dorsetshire"; lettered, lower right: "Etched by George Cooke"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | harbor | landscape | marine art
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Poole | Poole Bay | Poole Harbour
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Poole, Dorsetshire, 1814-1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.