- Land's End, Cornwall
- Etching and line engraving on medium, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 × 11 5/8 inches (21.3 × 29.5 cm) and Image: 5 9/16 × 8 11/16 inches (14.1 × 22.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Early [...] proof"; inscribed in graphite, upper left: ""3"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "33"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Etched by George Cooke"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | marine art | ocean | sea
- Associated Places:
- Atlantic Ocean | Celtic Sea | Cornwall | England | Europe | Land's End
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Land's End, Cornwall, 1814-1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.