IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Land's End, Cornwall, 1814-1826
Land's End, Cornwall
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Cooke's Picturesque Views of the Southern Coast of England
- Etching and line engraving on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 × 11 5/8 inches (21.3 × 29.5 cm), Image: 5 9/16 × 8 11/16 inches (14.1 × 22.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Early [...] proof"; inscribed in graphite, upper left: ""3"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "33"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Etched by George Cooke"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | marine art | ocean | sea
- Associated Places:
- Atlantic Ocean | Celtic Sea | Cornwall | England | Europe | Land's End
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.