Land's End, Cornwall
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and line engraving, interstate (between 1st and 2nd) on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 10 3/16 × 13 13/16 inches (25.9 × 35.1 cm), Chine collé: 8 7/8 × 11 3/4 inches (22.5 × 29.8 cm), Image: 5 5/8 × 8 11/16 inches (14.3 × 22.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.90.[...] | Land's End"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "(7)"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "M | 101 | [Ward No.1] A.W."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Land's End"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by George Cooke."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | marine art | ocean | sea
- Associated Places:
- Atlantic Ocean | Celtic Sea | Cornwall | England | Europe | Land's End
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Land's End, Cornwall, 1814-1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.