Lulworth Cove, Dorset
- Part Of:
- Line engraving etching and white gouache, engraver's proof (touched) on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 8 1/8 × 10 3/4 inches (20.6 × 27.3 cm) and Image: 5 3/4 × 8 5/8 inches (14.6 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Touched Proof"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Sailing boats below flag staff touched white - Also with touchings for alteration of further line of beach."
Collector's stamp (lower right: "W.G.R.)"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A., delt. 1811 | Lulworth Cove, Dorset"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.B. Cooke, 1812."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cove | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | English Channel | Europe | Lulworth Cove | Stair Hole | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Lulworth Cove, Dorset, 1811-1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.