Lulworth Cove, Dorsetshire
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Cooke's Picturesque Views of the Southern Coast of England
- Line engraving and etching, first published state on thick, smooth, beige wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 13 1/2 × 17 5/8 inches (34.3 × 44.8 cm), Plate: 8 13/16 × 11 3/4 inches (22.4 × 29.8 cm), Chine collé: 7 × 9 5/16 inches (17.8 × 23.7 cm), Image: 5 3/4 × 8 9/16 inches (14.6 × 21.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "First Published State. Thru Sails on night; white-[Scene] at beach altered in accordance with touched Proof."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "p/o/-"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624); stamped on verso: "16195"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A. delt. 1811 | Lulworth Cove, Dorset"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.B. Cooke, 1812"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cove | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | English Channel | Europe | Lulworth Cove | Stair Hole | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Romantic Landscape Prints - The Chiaroscuro of Nature (Yale Center for British Art, 2002-09-25 - 2002-12-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]