- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 8 3/4 × 11 5/8 inches (22.2 × 29.5 cm) and Image: 5 13/16 × 8 13/16 inches (14.8 × 22.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R 94 (E.P.a)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Unfinished proof before the white bird on the left [...]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "1--6"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner, R.A., delt. | Lyme Regis"; lettered, lower right: "W,B, Cooke, 1814."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | English Channel | Europe | Lyme Bay | Lyme Regis | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Lyme Regis, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.