IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Lyme Regis, 1814
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Cooke's Picturesque Views of the Southern Coast of England
- Etching and engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 11 5/8 inches (22.2 × 29.5 cm), Image: 5 13/16 × 8 13/16 inches (14.8 × 22.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R 94 (E.P.a)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Unfinished proof before the white bird on the left [...]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "1--6"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner, R.A., delt. | Lyme Regis"; lettered, lower right: "W,B, Cooke, 1814."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | English Channel | Europe | Lyme Bay | Lyme Regis | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.