- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving on thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 14 5/8 inches (28.9 × 37.1 cm), Plate: 9 × 11 7/8 inches (22.9 × 30.2 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 × 8 13/16 inches (14.9 × 22.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R94"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Etching. R 94"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Sir Charles | W[...] Robinson | [...] | and | 27.3.1"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "A Wallis"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner, R.A., delt. | Lyme Regis"; lettered, lower right: "W,B, Cooke. 1814 | Etching"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | English Channel | Europe | Lyme Bay | Lyme Regis | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Lyme Regis, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.