- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 14 5/8 inches (28.9 × 37.1 cm), Plate: 9 × 11 7/8 inches (22.9 × 30.2 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 × 8 13/16 inches (14.9 × 22.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R94"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Etching. R 94"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Sir Charles | W[...] Robinson | [...] | and | 27.3.1"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "A Wallis"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner, R.A., delt. | Lyme Regis"; lettered, lower right: "W,B, Cooke. 1814 | Etching"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | English Channel | Europe | Lyme Bay | Lyme Regis | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Lyme Regis, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.