- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving, 2nd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/16 × 16 1/2 inches (33.5 × 41.9 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 × 12 1/16 inches (22.7 × 30.6 cm), and Image: 5 3/4 × 8 9/16 inches (14.6 × 21.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.96."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.96. Etching (II); inscribed in graphite, upper right: "(21"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Sir Chas Robinson | Sothebys | 27.3.1[x]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "A.W."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Dartmouth, Devon"; lettered, lower right: "Etched by W.B. Cooke. 1814"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | marine art | river
- Associated Places:
- Dartmouth | Dartmouth Castle | Devon | England | Europe | River Dart | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Dartmouth, Devon, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.