- Order of the two courts of the Temple at Baalbec
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/4 × 10 inches (38.7 × 25.4 cm) and Mount: 23 1/8 × 13 1/4 inches (58.7 × 33.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions given; in pen and black ink, lower right, scale labeled; inscribed on mount in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Order of the two Courts | The Shape of these Columns were of one Piece | of Granite; the Bases & Capitals were of the | same materials with the rest of the Building"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Order of the two courts of the Temple at Baalbec, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.